Real Fresh, Real Delicious, and Real Satisfying
Slow-Roasted Extra Juicy Whole Chicken
Feeling adventurous? Here are three more takes on roast chicken: Mediterranean Roast Chicken with Green Olives, Fennel Seeds, and Thyme, Peruvian Roast Chicken with Cilantro and Jalapeño Sauce, Balsamic Roast Chicken and Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Rub chicken all over with extra virgin olive oil. Generously season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle on added seasoning, as desired.
- Roast, breast side up for 70-90 minutes, until breast registers 160 degrees on a thermometer.
- Let cool and shred meat. Shredded meat may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Double Protein Veggie Wrapper’s Delight
- Assemble wraps by placing turkey on top of wrap following by guacamole, lettuce, shredded carrots, snap peas, shredded chicken, and cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle with salad dressing if desired.
- Roll up and take a walk while you eat!
Garden Salad with Shredded Chicken and Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Assemble salad with lettuce and vegetables, topping with chicken and nuts, as desired. Add black pepper to salad as desired.
- To prepare dressing, add equal parts balsamic vinegar and olive oil to a mason jar with a pinch of salt, seal tightly with lid and shake until emulsified.
- Drizzle salad with dressing and serve.
Sweet and Crunchy Chicken Salad
Visit your local Brookshire Brothers to get cookin' today!
Angela Larson is a registered dietitian (RD) who works with Brookshire Brothers promoting real fresh, real delicious foods and nutrition education to the community. She is also a clinical dietitian representing Woodland Heights Medical Center in Lufkin where she does outreach education on food and nutrition. Food is her passion, so Angela loves trying new recipes and exploring the more holistic side of nutrition. Angela loves to cook, garden, and spend time outdoors. In addition to the Brookshire Brothers blog, look for Angela's monthly articles in Charm East Texas.