Information We Collect
Information You Provide
Brookshire Brothers collects information in different ways when you interact with us, both in stores and through our websites, including when you:
- Choose to make on online or in-store purchase from us or use one of our Services;
- Create an account on one of our websites;
- Conduct a transaction where we collect information, including when required by law;
- Request customer service or contact us;
- Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey (such as Celebrate and the Beverage Blast);
- Join an SMS mobile campaign or sign up to receive emails, message, or e-newsletters; or
- Otherwise submit personal information to us along with any related content of the communication.
The information we collect may include your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, mobile phone number, date of birth, state of residence, zip code, most frequently used store, payment card information, and demographic and lifestyle information, such as personal interests and product preferences. Entering one of our contests or sweepstakes, submitting an employment application, or participating in one of our community functions may involve our collection of further information from you.
Information from Other Sources
We may also collect information about you from other sources, including from companies that can help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, and help prevent or detect fraud.
Automatically Collected Information
We obtain and retain certain information automatically when you interact with our websites, e-mails, and online advertising. We use this information to enhance our services, create a more personalized experience, evaluate the operation and use of our websites, and to support our marketing campaigns. We may collect this information using “cookies” and “web beacons.” The information collected automatically may include technical information such as your internet protocol (IP) address, your device operating system and browser type, the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our websites.
A "cookie" allows us to recognize you as you when you use or return to our sites. A cookie is a small text file that a website or email may save to your browser and store on your hard drive. Web beacons let us know if a website page was viewed or an e-mail we sent was opened, and they provide information about the effectiveness of our advertising.
Most browsers offer instructions on how to manage, control, and delete cookies in the Help section of the toolbar. You can also manually delete cookies from your computers.
Use of Personal Information
Brookshire Brothers uses your information to offer and provide our products and services and to perform our business operations, including order or service fulfillment, internal business processes, marketing, authentication, loss and fraud prevention, public safety and legal functions. Examples of these functions include:
- Fulfilling orders and requests for products, services or information;
- Establishing and managing your accounts with us;
- Administering and managing our Services, such as merging information you provided on your Brookshire Brothers loyalty card application with your brookshirebrothers.com profile;
- Communicating things like special events, sweepstakes, promotions and surveys, including promotional e-mails and text messages, such as Celebrate and Beverage Blast;
- Providing customer assistance, responding to requests for information or assistance from you, and providing important information, such as product recalls;
- Analyzing browsing and purchasing data to improve, customize, and market our services and content, to enhance our customers' shopping experiences, and for research, marketing, and other business purposes.
We use an opt-in standard for sending you phone and text messages, which means we will only do so with your express consent. If you elect to opt-out of receiving SMS messages, we will send you a final message to confirm your opt-out. You may find the specific terms of our text campaigns by clicking here. We use an opt-out standard for email or for other communications, which means we consider your consent is implied, but you can unsubscribe from our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions on such emails, which will be limited to the email and promotional lists you elect. You may still however, receive non-promotional emails such as when we respond to your inquiries or send you informationation or account notices.
- Service Providers: Brookshire Brothers’ agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers (collectively “Service Providers”) may receive, or be given access to your information, including, without limitation, personal information, demographic information, and usage information, in connection with their work on Brookshire Brothers’ behalf, provided however, Brookshire Brothersdoes not authorize its Service Providers to use Brookshire Brothers-Collected PI provided by Brookshire Brothers to the Service Providers to send you direct marketing messages other than related to the Brookshire Brothersand the Brookshire Brothers Companies absent your consent. However, third-party analytics and other Service Providers, and third-party operators of third-party services you may access via our Services, may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device, and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, potentially including personal information, about you. We are not responsible for those third party technologies or activities arising out of them or any information they collect directly from you. Some may offer you certain choices regarding their practices.
- Corporate Transactions: Brookshire Brothersmay share your personal information, including, without limitation, Brookshire Brothers-Collected PI, as well as your non-personal information, in connection with or during negotiations of any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale, joint venture, or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of Brookshire Brothersassets, or transfer of all or a portion of Brookshire Brothers’ business to another company (“Corporate Transactions”).
- When You Request Information From or Provide Information to Third Parties:You may be presented with an option on our Services to receive certain information and/or marketing offers directly from third parties or to have us send certain information to third parties or give them access to it. If you choose to do so, your personal information, including Brookshire Brothers-Collected PI, and non-personal information may be disclosed to such third parties and all information you disclose will be subject to the third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties. In addition, third parties may store, collect or otherwise have access to your information when you interact with their tracking technologies, third-party services (e.g., third party content, tools apps or ads you access via our Services, such as social media buttons) or link to them from our Services. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of such third parties and, therefore, you should review such third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties prior to requesting information from or otherwise interacting with them.
- Affiliates: To the fullest extent not prohibited by applicable law, we may share your personal information, including Brookshire Brothers-Collected PI, as well as your non-personal information, with Brookshire Brothers Companies.
EEOC / Affirmative Action Reporting. In conjunction with laws and regulations enforced by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”), the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (“OFCCP”) and similar state and local regulatory agencies, we may ask you to provide us with self-identifying information (such as veteran status, gender and ethnicity). Providing such self-identifying information is voluntary, but if you do provide us with such information, we may submit that information, to the EEOC, the OFCCP and similar state and local regulatory agencies or otherwise use or disclose it for business-related purposes, including, without limitation, responding to information requests, fulfilling regulatory reporting requirements and defending against employment related complaints.
Brookshire Brothers is required by law to maintain the privacy of pharmacy customers’ Protected Health Information (“PHI”), to provide these individuals with notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to PHI, and to notify affected individuals following a breach of unsecured PHI. PHI is information that may identify you and that relates to your past, present or future physical or mental health or condition and related health care services.
Steps We Take to Protect Your Information
Brookshire Brothers works to use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality and integrity of personal information. For example, personal information maintained in hard copy records may be kept in locked locations or cabinets. We restrict the number of employees who have access to certain personal information. Employees who violate our privacy and security policies are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination. We require the service providers who have access to your information to maintain the security of your information. We also mandate that our service providers use the information solely for providing the services we request. We also work to use reasonable safeguards to protect your information in electronic format. For example, your account information is protected by the password you use to access your online account, so please keep this password confidential. When you enter your information online on certain pages, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts your information during transmission over the internet.
Please read our pharmacy’s Notice of Pharmacy Privacy Practice for information about how we protect pharmacy information.
We cannot ensure or guaranty the security of your information, so any information you provide to us is done at your own risk.
Questions, Information Access, and Choice
You may choose to:
- Stop receiving marketing or promotional e-mails, direct mail, phone and mobile marketing communications;
- Update and correct your personal information; and
- Cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services.
You may request that we do these things or contact us with questions by:
- Access your online account and update your information;
- Following instructions in the e-mail, direct mail, or mobile communication you receive from us;
- Contacting one of our customer representatives at 1-936-634-8155 to provide your request and current contact information;
- Submit a Contact Form
- Sending a letter with your request and current contact information to:
Brookshire Brothers Inc.
1201 Ellen Trout Drive
Lufkin, TX 75904
We may still contact you even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications for transactional purposes, such as customer service, product information, service or reminder notices, or recalls. We may also need to contact you with questions or information regarding your order, such as regarding order status, shipment, or refunds.
Brookshire Brothers does not knowingly collect personal information about children under 13 years of age without permission from their parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe your child has disclosed personally identifiable information, please contact us.