Take an untraditional spin on Easter this year! When you hide those decorative and colorfully-dyed Easter eggs, save the cartons and hurry down to your local Brookshire Brothers for fresh strawberries. These chocolate covered strawberries can be the perfect sweet treat to complement your Easter celebration!
Easter Chocolate Covered Strawberries
16 large strawberries
1 1/2 cups milk, dark or white chocolate chips
Candied sprinkles, colored sugars, etc.
1. Wash strawberries thoroughly. Dry carefully by patting gently with paper towels.
2. Place chocolate chips into small, microwaveable towl with tall sides.
3. Heat bowl in the microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove bowl; stir chips with spoon. Return bowl to microwave and continue to microwave on high for an additional 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until chocolate is melted.
4. Dipping on strawberry at a time, submerge into melted chocolate by holding the steam between your fingers.
5. Slowly remove the strawberry from the chocolate (allowing excess chocolate to run off) and place on a piece of parchment paper to dry.
6. Immediately decorate the chocolate-covered strawberry with your favorite sprinkles.
7. Allow the chocolate to cool and harden at room temperature. Serve immediately or store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.