Posted on Monday, August 19, 2019
Back to school can be stressful. You know what stressed spells backwards? DESSERTS. Treat your nerves to this super simple, two-ingredient recipe for Shasta Soda Cakes. Leave out the eggs, water, and oil, and replace it with single a can of soda which can cut down on calories and fat!
Don't forget to check your weekly ad or the latest digital coupons for extra savings on the ingredients!
Two-Ingredient Shasta Soda Cakes
- 1 box of Food Club Cake Mix
- 1 twelve ounce can of Shasta Soda
- Optional: Food Club Frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350°F for shiny metal and glass pans, 325°F for dark coated pans. Generously grease pans and dust with flour.
2. Add cake mix to a large mixing bowl, then add 12 ounce Shasta Soda of your choice. Mix until ingredients are combined.
3. Pour mixture into your preferred baking dish and bake at the corresponding time as listed below:
13x9 inch pan - 23 to 28 minutes
24 cupcakes (fill 1/2 full) - 18 to 21 minutes
Two 8" round pans - 26 to 31 minutes
Two 9" round pans - 23 to 28 minutes
4. Let cake cool for 10 minutes in its pan after removing it from the oven. Remove from pan and place cool side up. Store loosely covered. Optional: add your favorite Food Club Frosting when completely cooled.