Submitted by Sharon Mayes on Friday, November 13, 2020
Warm up the slow cooker and make this Slow Cooker Loaded Broccoli Cauliflower Soup a new Fall favorite!
Slow Cooker Loaded Broccoli-Cauliflower Soup
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- ½ medium yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cups Food Club® Chicken Broth
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 6 slices Food Club® or Brookshire Brothers Thick-Cut Bacon, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) Food Club® Finely Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese plus additional for garnish (optional)
- 1 cup Fresh Harvest™ Vitamin D Milk
- ½ teaspoon Food Club® Iodized Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Food Club® Black Pepper
- ½ cup Food Club® Sour Cream
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- In 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, add garlic, carrots, yellow onion, broth, broccoli and cauliflower; cover and cook on high 4 hours or low 8 hours or until vegetables are very tender.
- In large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally; transfer to paper towel-lined plate.
- With blender or stick blender, in batches if necessary, purée soup until some small pieces remain; stir in cheese, milk, salt and pepper.
- Return soup to slow cooker, if necessary; cover and cook on high 15 minutes or low 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese melts.
- Makes about 10 cups.
- Serve soup topped with sour cream, green onions, bacon and cheese, if desired.
For all of your Fall dinner needs visit your local Brookshire Brothers store.