Posted on Tuesday, August 6, 2019
Back to school is upon us and that means fast-paced days and evenings full of after-school activities. Take a little extra stress off your plate with this easy-to-make Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala that will give your dinner an Italian flair while keeping your kitchen cool in the August heat.
Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Optional: Baguette, toasted and sliced.
Don't forget to check your weekly ad or the latest digital coupons for extra savings on the ingredients!
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken in the pan for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Place the chicken breasts, garlic, wine, chicken broth and mushrooms in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5 hours, or until the chicken is done.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker.
- Whisk together the cornstarch with 1/3 cup cold water.
- Pour the cornstarch into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken back to the slow cooker, turn the heat to high and cook for 30 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the heavy cream and season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve. Optional: Serve over toasted baguette, sliced (as pictured).
Visit your local Brookshire Brothers for your Italian recipe needs and more!