Submitted by Sharon Mayes on Friday, November 13, 2020
Put this balsamic flavored family favorite in the slow cooker and go for a delicious fall dinner.
Slow Cooker Balsamic Pot Roast
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup Culinary Tours™ Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- ¾ cup Food Club® Beef Cooking Stock
- ¼ cup Food Club® 100% Pure Honey
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon Food Club® Iodized Salt
- ½ teaspoon Food Club® Black Pepper
- 1 pound red potatoes, quartered (about 10 potatoes)
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen pearl onions, thawed if necessary
- Chopped fresh chives, sage and/or thyme for garnish (optional)
- In medium bowl, whisk garlic, vinegar, stock, honey and orange zest. Rub roast with salt and pepper.
- In 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, add potatoes, carrots and onions; place roast on top of vegetables. Pour garlic mixture over roast; cover and cook on high 5 hours or low 10 hours or until beef is very tender and falls apart.
- Slice beef; serve garnished with herbs, if desired.
For all of your Fall dinner needs visit your local Brookshire Brothers store.