Posted on Friday, October 11, 2019
Holiday celebrations are just around the corner and we've got a 'skinny' version of a holiday favorite just for your holiday get together. Keep reading for below for our Skinny Pumpkin Pie recipe.
Skinny Pumpkin Pie
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fat-free (skim) milk
- 3 egg whites or 1/2 cup fat-free egg product
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 425°F. In medium bowl, mix flour, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and the oil with fork until well mixed.
- Stir in milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry almost leaves side of bowl.
- Shape pastry into a ball, using your hands.
- Press pastry in bottom and up side of 9-inch glass pie plate; flute as desired or press pastry to top edge of pie plate with fingers or fork.
- In medium bowl, beat egg whites slightly with wire whisk or egg beater.
- Beat in remaining filling ingredients.
- Pour filling into pastry-lined pie plate; carefully place on oven rack.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Cover edge of pie crust with 2- to 3-inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Bake about 45 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on cooling rack at least 1 hour before serving.
- After cooling, pie can remain at room temperature up to an additional 5 hours, then should be covered and refrigerated.
*Recipe courtesy of our vendor partner Betty Crocker.
Get all of your Pumpkin Pie ingredients and Fall faves at your local Brookshire Brothers!