- 2 shallots, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (I like Fage best)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- One 12-ounce bag of pre-washed broccoli florets, chopped into small bite-sized pieces
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup raisins (I like golden raisins)
- 1 cup purple grapes, sliced in half
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped roughly
- Stir salt and sugar into red wine vinegar until dissolved.
- Add shallots and stir to combine.
- Set aside for at least 10 minutes while preparing other salad ingredients.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- If a thinner dressing is desired, add additional applesauce.
- Add all salad ingredients to the bowl with the dressing and toss to combine.
- Discard pickling liquid and add pickled shallots.
- Toss to combine and serve.
Visit your local Brookshire Brothers for all your real fresh, real delicious ingredients!
Angela Larson is a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) who works with Brookshire Brothers promoting real fresh, real delicious foods. Delicious food is her passion, so she loves trying new recipes and exploring the more holistic side of health and nutrition. When Angela isn't working with Brookshire Brothers, she's a mostly stay-at-home mom who loves to cook, garden, and spend time outdoors with her husband, Austin, and their two daughters.