Blueberry Smoothie Bowls with All the Toppings
- 4 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen, washed and picked over
- 1 ripe banana, fresh or frozen
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 5-6 large ice cubes
- Additional milk or juice, as needed to thin
- Fresh blueberries (or other types of fruit, as desired)
- Nuts and seeds (I love toasted pecans and shelled sunflower seeds)
- Plain yogurt
- Chia seed pudding (see recipe below)
- Put all smoothie ingredients into blender and blend for 30-60 seconds until smooth.
- Thin, as needed with additional milk or juice to desired consistency.
- Place smoothie into a bowl and top with desired toppings.
Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 Tbs chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Mix all ingredients and allow to thicken for at least two hours or overnight.
Visit your local Brookshire Brothers for all your real fresh, real delicious ingredients!
Angela Larson is a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) who works with Brookshire Brothers promoting real fresh, real delicious foods. Delicious food is her passion, so she loves trying new recipes and exploring the more holistic side of health and nutrition. When Angela isn't working with Brookshire Brothers, she's a mostly stay-at-home mom who loves to cook, garden, and spend time outdoors with her husband, Austin, and their two daughters.