Blueberry Smoothie Bowls with All the Toppings
- 4 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen, washed and picked over
- 1 ripe banana, fresh or frozen
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 5-6 large ice cubes
- Additional milk or juice, as needed to thin
- Fresh blueberries (or other types of fruit, as desired)
- Nuts and seeds (I love toasted pecans and shelled sunflower seeds)
- Plain yogurt
- Chia seed pudding (see recipe below)
- Put all smoothie ingredients into blender and blend for 30-60 seconds until smooth.
- Thin, as needed with additional milk or juice to desired consistency.
- Place smoothie into a bowl and top with desired toppings.
Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 Tbs chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Mix all ingredients and allow to thicken for at least two hours or overnight.
Visit your local Brookshire Brothers for all your real fresh, real delicious ingredients!
Angela Larson is a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) who works with Brookshire Brothers promoting real fresh, real delicious foods. Delicious food is her passion, so she loves trying new recipes and exploring the more holistic side of health and nutrition. When Angela isn't working with Brookshire Brothers, she's a mostly stay-at-home mom who loves to cook, garden, and spend time outdoors with her husband, Austin, and their two daughters.
We were so excited when we harvested the first fruit in 2007, it was enough to make a really nice cobbler. Now our field totals nearly 8,000 plants and will produce 35,000 pounds of fruit in a good year.
The farmer’s life is interesting and should be highly respected by those that enjoy the harvest. The weather all year long determines the quality and quantity of fruit produced. We spend many hours watching the weather forecasts and predicting how it will affect our crop.
Harvest time is highly anticipated. We cannot wait for the first buds to pop and flower! Once we get into full-blown harvest it is long hard exhausting days of work - daylight till dark. This is the time of year we say, “What were we thinking?”. But the harvest is short term and makes us appreciate the vacation we usually plan at the end of each season.
And by the way, we did plant that small vineyard that grows really pretty grapes; we just make really bad wine - So thankfully our blueberry crop is plentiful and delicious!
Wood Blueberry Farm is proud to be Aggie owned & operated and to be a hometown partner of Brookshire Brothers.
Julie Wood ’85, is now retired from Hudson ISD and manages the farm full time.
Dr. Craig Wood ’85, is still a full-time Veterinarian at Lone Star Veterinary Clinic in Lufkin.
Their three boys all graduated from Texas A&M, ’13, ’15, ‘15, and now work in the Houston area.
Blueberry Pie Bars
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Spray 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Break up three-fourths of cookie dough into pan.
- With floured fingers, press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, crumble remaining cookie dough.
- Add oats, brown sugar and cinnamon; toss.
- Set aside.
- In small bowl, stir together granulated sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Sprinkle blueberry mixture evenly over crust.
- Crumble oat mixture over blueberry mixture.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Cool 1 hour before serving.
- Cut into squares.
- Wright Sliced Bacon Hickory or Applewood (24 oz) $5.99 - Limit 1
- King's Hawaiian Hamburger or Hot Dog or Slider Buns or Mini Sub Rolls (12 -12.8 oz) $0.99 - Limit 1
- Gatorade Sports Drinks (6 pk 12 oz bottles) 3/$5 - Limit 6
- Pillsbury Toaster Strudel (11.7 oz) 5/$5 - Limit 5
- Fresh Harvest Family Pack Large Eggs (18 ct) $0.99 - Limit 2
- And More!!!!