Favorite Overnight Oats with Coconut Milk
- 2 bananas, peeled and smashed well with a fork
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 can coconut milk (I like regular, not light)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup raisins, or other types of dried fruit as desired
- 1/3 cup full fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 3 tablespoons water
- Pecans, walnuts, pistachios, or sunflower seeds
- Fresh fruit
- Freeze-dried fruit
- Drizzle of honey
- Mash up the bananas in a medium-sized bowl, and then add all other ingredients and mix.
- Put in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 2-3 hours.
- Serve cold with optional toppings from the refrigerator or warmed up, as desired.
Visit your local Brookshire Brothers for all your real fresh, real delicious ingredients!
Angela Larson is a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) who works with Brookshire Brothers promoting real fresh, real delicious foods. Delicious food is her passion, so she loves trying new recipes and exploring the more holistic side of health and nutrition. When Angela isn't working with Brookshire Brothers, she's a mostly stay-at-home mom who loves to cook, garden, and spend time outdoors with her husband, Austin, and their two daughters.