Posted on Tuesday, January 26, 2021
The kids will ask for these healthy chicken nuggets every day!
Pretzel Crusted Chicken Nuggets
- 3 cups Pretzels
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Food Club boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups Food Club Honey Mustard Dressing, divided
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Crush pretzels into coarse crumbs in a food processor or blender. Transfer to a shallow dish or plate and set aside.
- In a separate dish whisk together flour, chopped thyme and garlic powder.
- Add 1 1/2 cups dressing to a third dish. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Lightly coat chicken in flour, dusting off any excess.
- Dip flour coated chicken in dressing, letting excess drain off. Dredge dressing coated chicken in pretzel crumbs, pressing to adhere.
- Working in batches place chicken in a single layer in preheated air fryer.
- Spray with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 8- 10 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Continue until all chicken is cooked.
- Serve chicken with remaining honey mustard dressing for dipping.
For all of your new year, new side dish needs visit your local Brookshire Brothers store.