Submitted by Sharon Mayes on Monday, October 26, 2020
This delicious take on French Toast with apples is perfect for breakfast or brunch!
Overnight Almond Butter Apple French Toast Casserole
- Food Club® Non-Stick Vegetable Oil Cooking Spray
- ½ loaf Fresh Harvest™ Texas Toast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Granny Smith apples, halved, cored and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 8 Fresh Harvest™ Grade A Large Eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup Fresh Harvest™ Vitamin D Milk
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons Food Club® Light Brown Sugar
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup Food Club® All-Purpose Flour
- 4 tablespoons cold Food Club® Sweet Cream Unsalted Butter (½ stick), cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup Full Circle Market™ Organic 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- Whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, toss bread and apples; spread in prepared dish.
- In same large bowl, whisk eggs; whisk in half and half, almond butter, milk and ¼ cup brown sugar until small pieces of almond butter remain.
- Pour egg mixture over bread mixture; press down gently with back of spoon to submerge bread.
- Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°; remove foil from dish. In medium bowl, with back of fork, stir almonds, flour, butter and remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar until small pieces of butter remain; sprinkle over bread mixture.
- Bake casserole uncovered 45 minutes or until top is puffy and golden brown; cool 10 minutes. Makes about 9½ cups.
- Cut casserole into 12 squares; serve with maple syrup garnished with whipped cream, if desired.
For all of your Fall breakfast needs visit your local Brookshire Brothers store.