Posted on Friday, May 6, 2016
Planning a graduation party can be daunting—even for the pros. Read these practical tips that can be applied to your own graduation bash.
Easy but Artful!
- Orange-and-black school colors can pose a decorating dilemma. To keep away from a Halloween look, use white as the main color, accented with orange and black for invitations, centerpieces, food label cards, paper goods, cupcakes, even flowers. Think outside of the box when dealing with tricky school color.
- Use cupcakes as a centerpiece
- Search 'sprinkles' to find more recipes to adapt to school colors.
- To give the serving table a multi-dimensional look, place boxes of varying size on the table, covered them with linens and places plates and platters on top.
More Artful Tips
- Cover rented tables with plastic tablecloths, then wrap with length of tulle and tie with bow to keep ends in place.
- Set the table 1-2 days ahead. Put out paper goods, serving platters, food label cards and, serving and eating utensils.
- Set up self-service coffee and beverage tables. If you are outdoors, fill coolers with beverages and label what's on each one.
- Make colorful food label cards for each food. Use half a lime as the food label holder for the plate of Key Lime Bars.
- Strawberries, raspberries, thin slices of lemon or lime and lemon leaves all make super-easy garnishes for just about any platter.
- For a dash of elegance, dust desserts with powdered sugar or cocoa.
*courtesy of BettyCrocker.com