Wednesday December 23, 2015
With the Holiday Season nearing an end, there are still some major things to plan for! We've got your "to-do" list of Entertaining Tips that can be used for any ocassion.
- Don't wait until the last minute to plan for your party
- Choose a theme - with NYE coming up, its the perfect time to theme a get-together with clocks, or other whimsical party things that emphasize "midnight"
- Have more refreshments on hand than you'll think you need. It's always better to have leftovers than running out.
- Set the tone with music, subtle lighting (try candles) and simple decorations such as flowers.
- Don't leave guests empty-handed. Offer an hors d'oeuvres or beverage as soon as your guests arrive.
- Have plenty of food. And remember, it's fine to keep it simple.
- Keep circulating! Try to make all your guests feel comfortable.
- Small dishes are easy and fun. Prepare them ahead of time or enlist the help of a caterer so you can spend more time with guests.
- Try a buffet - They keep guests moving, mingling, and free to pick and choose. Include wine in the spread so your guests can sample different wines with a variety of dishes.