Posted on Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Brookshire Brothers Pharmacist Laura Edmundson, PharmD, knows how important it is to stay healthy. The busy mother of two takes precautions year around to keep her family well, and is ever so vigilant when the flu bug tries to bring folks down!
Here are Laura's ten tips to staying well:
- Just do it! Get your flu shot at your neighborhood Brookshire Brothers! The Centers for Disease Control recommends EVERYONE six months and older receive an annual flu vaccine. Our team makes it easy. Flu shots and other immunizations are available in our PHARMACY!
- Keep it Clean! Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water or use hand sanitizer often, especially if you are around others who are sick. Our store brand, Quality Choice, is our choice when it comes to value.
- Contain it! Our pharmacists say, cover your cough or sneeze with tissue or the sleeve of your shirt.
- Don't Share! Encourage children and teens to keep their drinks and utensils to themselves. Sharing means giving those germs away!
- Keep Clean! Disinfect everything. Brookshire Brothers has a great variety of sanitizing wipes and sprays to disinfect toys, computers, phones, remote controls, anything that gets a lot of hand time!
- Steer Clear! Avoid sick people if possible. Don't put yourself or your family in harm's way.
- Stay Home! If you or your child has a fever or flu-like symptons, (body aches, sore throat, headache, cough) stay at home!
- Catch some Zzzzs. Get plenty of sleep! Our experts recommend 8 hours of sleep per night.
- Eat right! Fruits, vegetables, and 100% juices are always your best bet for Vitamin C. Or check out our line of Quality Choice vitamins for an extra boost.
- Drink Up! Drink plenty of fluids. For extra savings, try Brookshire Brothers water. Look for products that contain vitamins, minerals and electrolytes to boost your well being.