Crunchy or soft...beef or chicken...make your taco how you like it! Invite your friends, neighbors and family over for everyone's favorite, taco night!
Planning & Preparation
- Get a head count. Once everyone RSVPs, start a list of who will bring what. Sides are easy for one couple/family, but you may suggest for two couples or families to split the cost of the meat. We're planning for a large crowd, so you don't want someone to feel overwhelmed!
- Have variety. Your hot scale may be totally different than mine. So have mild, medium, and hot salsas available for everyone. Having a variety of flour, corn, and flavored tortillas and taco shells can be fun too.
- Embrace the theme. If you're planning the food to such detail, don't leave out the decor and drinks! Run to your local Brookshire Brothers or David's and grab some balloons and margarita mix. While you're out, try to find some fun margarita glasses too. You can send them home as a party favor, or keep them for your next taco night!
- Be strategic and create a flow. When your guests arrive, have a cocktail area where they can mingle and socialize before moving on to the food.
- Invest in heavy duty! Let's be honest...everyone's eyes will be bigger than their stomachs. If you're going for paper and plastic, invest in heavy duty plates.
- Labels are important. Make sure you have labels in front of each station and/or food item. We wouldn't want anyone to confuse "mild" and "hot" salsa!
You did it! You made your taco the way you want it and enjoyed your company along the way. Taco Tuesday may be when everyone wants tacos, but don't limit yourself to one day a week! Make taco night any night you're craving something salty and savory.