Monday April 6, 2020
Your Health Matters
Brookshire Brothers is here to help keep the communities we serve healthy. Though the emerging coronavirus (COVID-19) has many unknowns, we want to assure you that we are doing our best to help you, your families and our employee owners remain well and prepared throughout.
Here are a few things we are doing to help:
Staying informed and keeping our store teams up to date on current health advisements and resources is critical to containing the spread of any illness. Encouraging them to take good care of themselves and their families is key so they can continue to serve you. If they do not feel well, we suggest they stay home and limit their exposure to others. Their safety and yours is our highest priority.
Our store teams are working with an increased sense of urgency to make your shopping experience as safe as possible. We are making sure our employee owners are equipped with the most current information and have a heightened sense of awareness on how best to limit the spread of the virus. Be assured that we have increased the frequency of disinfecting commonly shared areas and touchpoints throughout the store. Our regimen of best safety practices is even more enhanced for everyone’s well being. We are all in this together and share the common goal of containing the threat of illness.
Due to increased demand, our customers may notice certain items are out of stock. We are working diligently with our supplier community to replenish those items on our shelves as quickly as possible. We may put limits on some products to ensure enough supply for everyone. For convenience sake, shopping in certain locations can be done online. Brookshire Brothers Anywhere lets you order from your table, phone or desktop then pick it up curbside of have it delivered to your home. Free curbside pickup is available at all of our online locations through April 10th. Go to brookshirebrothers.com to find out if curbside pickup or delivery is available in your community.
We are a community grocer. You can trust Brookshire Brothers to have your community’s wellbeing at heart. Together, we can work to slow the spread of COVID-19. Staying healthy is a team effort. Here are a few preventative practices we can all use to prevent the further spread of the virus.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle through sleep, diet, exercise, and relaxation
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water scrubbing thoroughly for 20 seconds
- Dry hands with paper towels then discard and avoid using shared kitchen or hand towels
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth, and eyes - keep hands at waist level where you work
- Say “hi, hey, or hello” instead of shaking hands
- Cover your coughs and sneeze into the bend of your elbow or use a tissue
- Dispose of your used tissues immediately
- Keep high touch surfaces clean like cell phones, computer keyboards, card swipe pads, buttons, doorknobs, handles, the inside of your vehicle, bottom/sides of purses and backpacks and countertops.
- Maintain a healthy social distance of 6 feet to prevent the spread of illness
For nearly 100 years, Brookshire Brothers has served communities throughout Texas and Louisiana with the highest regard for shopper safety. We are walking through this time together and will be updating our practices and our customers as the Center for Disease Control recommends.
For the latest information and updates, we encourage you to visit the CDC’s website at https://www.cdc.gov/ , the Texas Department of State Health Services at www.dshs.texas.gov or the Louisiana Department of Health at http://ldh.la.gov/.