Prep: 25 minutes plus standing and cooling Bake: 30 minutes Serves: 12
- Food Club® Non-Stick Vegetable Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Fresh Harvest™ Vitamin D Milk
- 2 envelopes (¼ ounce each) active dry yeast
- ½ cup plus 1 teaspoon Food Club® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 2 Fresh Harvest™ Grade A Large Eggs
- ½ cup Food Club® Sweet Cream Unsalted Butter (1 stick), melted
- ½ teaspoon red food coloring
- 3⅓ cups Food Club® All-Purpose Flour plus additional for dusting
- ½ cup Food Club® Unsweetened Baking Cocoa
- 1½ cups lightly packed Food Club® Light Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Food Club® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 package (8 ounces) Food Club® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Food Club® Pure Cane Confectioners Sugar
1. Spray large bowl with cooking spray. In small saucepan, heat 1 cup milk over medium-high heat until steamy (no more than 110°). In bowl of stand mixer, add yeast and 1 teaspoon granulated sugar; whisk in steamy milk and let stand 5 minutes.
2. Attach dough hook to mixer; with mixer on medium-low speed, add eggs, 1 at a time, making sure each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next. Slowly add ¼ cup butter, food coloring and remaining ½ cup granulated sugar until incorporated. Slowly add flour and cocoa powder until incorporated. With mixer on medium speed, knead dough 3 minutes or until soft and comes together.
3. On lightly floured work surface, knead dough 2 minutes or until smooth and elastic; form into a ball and place in prepared bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; let stand in warm place 1 hour or until dough has almost doubled in size.
4. In small bowl, stir brown sugar and cinnamon.
5. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. On lightly floured work surface, gently punch down dough; roll dough into 18 x 12-inch rectangle. Brush dough with remaining ¼ cup butter; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Starting with long side, tightly roll up dough around filling. Cut dough crosswise into 12 equal pieces; place, cut side up, in prepared dish. Let stand 30 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake cinnamon rolls 30 minutes; cool 5 minutes.
7. In medium bowl, whisk cream cheese, powdered sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons milk; spread over cinnamon rolls. Makes 12 rolls.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 roll): 483 Calories, 17g Fat (10g Saturated), 73mg Cholesterol, 91mg Sodium, 79g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 47g Sugars, 8g Protein