Submitted by Sharon Mayes on Tuesday, October 13, 2020
It's apple season, and you and your family will enjoy these delectable Mini Apple Pies.
Mini Apple Pies
- 2 boxes Food Club Roll-Out Pie Crusts
- 1 (20-ounce) can Food Club Apple Pie Filling
- 1-2 tablespoons Ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon
- Caramel sauce
- Whipped cream
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin and preheat oven to 400°.
- Roll out pie crusts on a lightly floured surface and, using a 4” cookie cutter (or jar), punch out 12 circles.
- Reserve extra dough. Press rounds into each muffin cup and spoon apple pie filling evenly into each.
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon over apple pie filling.
- Reflour surface and roll out remaining dough.
- To create a “full” pie crust topping, cut out an additional 12 circles.
- Using a small knife, cut an “x” into the center of each.
- Gently place rounds on top of mini pies, pinching crust and top together to seal in filling.
- To create a lattice pattern, use a pizza cutter to cut thin strips of dough about 4” long, then, using 4 vertical and 4 horizontal strips, weave into a basket pattern. Carefully transfer to muffin cups using a flat spatula, trimming off excess with a small knife.
- Brush crusts with beaten egg and sprinkle each top with coarse sugar.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until pie crust is golden brown.
- Cool completely and drizzle with caramel sauce before serving with whipped cream.