View the video version here.
Prep: 10 minutes Grill: 5 minutes Serves: 4
- 2 small avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise
- 8 (½-inch-thick) slices baguette
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ¼ cup Food Club® Classic Caesar Dressing
- ¼ cup chopped Food Club® Dry Roasted Macadamia Nuts
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of avocados, romaine and baguette with oil; place on hot grill rack. Cover and cook avocados 5 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once; cook romaine and baguette 2 minutes or until grill marks appear on romaine and baguette is toasted, turning once. Transfer avocados, romaine and baguette to cutting board; coarsely chop.
- In large bowl, toss dressing, nuts, salt, pepper, romaine and baguette; top with avocados. Makes about 8 cups.
Select ripe avocados that are still slightly firm, rather than soft, to avoid avocados sticking to the grill.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (2 cups): 454 Calories, 37g Fat (6g Saturated), 10mg Cholesterol, 516mg Sodium, 28g Carbohydrates, 12g Fiber, 3g Sugars, 7g Protein