Thursday January 30, 2020
Classic Chili Con Queso Recipe
Be the MVP of the Big Game when you serve this Classic Chili Con Queso recipe at your watchparty this weekend!
Classic Chili Con Queso
- 1 tablespoon Food Club® Vegetable Oil
- 2 poblano peppers, chopped
- ½ small white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon Food Club® Texas Style Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Food Club® Ground Cumin
- 2 cups Fresh Harvest™ Vitamin D Whole Milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups Food Club® Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups Food Club® Finely Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Food Club® Diced Tomatoes in Juice, drained
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 bag (11.5 ounces) Food Club® Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add ground chuck, chili powder and cumin; cook 8 minutes or until browned, breaking up meat with side of spoon.
- In medium saucepot, heat milk and cream to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- In small bowl, whisk cornstarch and ¼ cup cold water; whisk into milk mixture and cook 4 minutes or until thickened, whisking frequently. Remove saucepot from heat; gradually whisk in cheeses and salt, whisking until smooth.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Makes about 9 cups.
- Serve queso topped with ground chuck mixture and chives along with chips.
Visit your local Brookshire Brothers for you watch party needs!
CATEGORIES: Products We Carry