Submitted by Sharon Mayes on Monday, October 26, 2020
Give a comfort food twist to Cajun crabs!
Cajun-Crab Mac and Cheese
- Food Club® Non-Stick Vegetable Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 package (16 ounces) Food Club® Elbow Macaroni
- 3 cups Fresh Harvest™ Vitamin D Milk
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- ¾ teaspoon Food Club® Iodized Salt
- ½ teaspoon Food Club® Black Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Food Club® Sweet Cream Unsalted Butter
- 3 tablespoons Food Club® All-Purpose Flour
- 3 cups Food Club® Finely Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup coarsely chopped drained roasted red peppers
- 1 cup refrigerated lump or canned crabmeat, drained and picked through (8 ounces)
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Food Club® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare macaroni as label directs; drain, return to saucepot, and cover.
- In large bowl, whisk milk, seasoning, mustard, salt and black pepper.
- In large saucepot, melt butter over medium heat; add flour and cook 2 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Add milk mixture; heat to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly until smooth and thickened.
- Gradually add Cheddar cheese, stirring until smooth and creamy; remove from heat.
- Fold in red peppers, crabmeat and macaroni; transfer to prepared dish.
- Makes about 10 cups.
- Place oven rack 8 inches from source of heat; preheat broiler to high.
- In a small bowl, stir breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over macaroni mixture and broil 2 minutes or until golden brown.
For all of your Fall dinner needs visit your local Brookshire Brothers store.