17 Pro Tips, Creative Fixins, Nutritional Fun Facts & More
- Sausage, especially smoked or andouille varieties
- Garlic bulbs, cut in half
- Corn on the cob
- Onions, sliced in half
- Lemons, cut in half
- Brussels sprouts
- Fresh green beans
First crawfish boil? Here is everything you need to know!
- Fill a large pot with enough water to cover seafood. We recommend cooking (and eating) outside using a 19-quart stockpot with an interior basket; alternatively, you can cook smaller batches on the stovetop instead.
- Add LA Fish Fry Crawfish, Shrimp & Crab Boil and any other fixins. Stir well and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add crawfish. Return to a rolling boil, and boil for 5 minutes.
- Turn fire or stove off and let the crawfish soak for 15-25 minutes. NOTE: The longer seafood soaks, the spicier it will be.
- Serve drained crawfish & fixins over a large table covered in newspapers. Keep paper towels handy and use an extra plate or bucket to dispose of the shells.
Visit your local Brookshire Brothers to get cookin' today!
Angela Larson is a registered dietitian (RD) who works with Brookshire Brothers promoting real fresh, real delicious foods and nutrition education to the community. She is also a clinical dietitian representing Woodland Heights Medical Center in Lufkin where she does outreach education on food and nutrition. Food is her passion, so Angela loves trying new recipes and exploring the more holistic side of nutrition. Angela loves to cook, garden, and spend time outdoors. In addition to the Brookshire Brothers blog, look for Angela's monthly articles in Charm East Texas.
Crispy Fish With Louisiana Fish Fry
- 3 or 4 lbs of fish or seafood
- 10 oz of Louisiana Fish Fry
- Rinse fish well in ice cold water. Shake off excess water
- Roll fish in LA Fish Fry Seafood Breading Mix until coated
- Deep Fry at 350ºF until internal temperature is 145ºF and until golden brown
Honey-Mustard Coleslaw With Apples
- 1 bag (16 oz) coleslaw mix (8 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (8 medium)
- 2 medium apples, cored and cut into matchstick pieces
- 1 cup light honey-mustard dressing
- In large bowl, toss all ingredients.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours before serving.
Dilled Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- 4 medium tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges (about 3 cups)
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In large glass serving bowl, mix tomatoes, cucumbers and onion.
- In small bowl, mix all remaining ingredients until blended.
- Pour vinegar mixture over vegetables; toss to mix.
- Cover; refrigerate 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Toss again just before serving. Serve with slotted spoon.
Fast Feast: Buy 1, CHOOSE ANY 4 FREE
1 - Food Club Vegetable Oil (48 oz)
1 - Food Club Cooking Spray (6-8 oz)
1 - Louisiana Fish Fry (8.5-10 oz)
1 -Louisiana Crawfish, Shrimp & Crab Boil (16 oz)
1 - Food Club French Fries (24-32 oz)