Posted on Tuesday, January 19, 2021
Your family will ask for our Brown Sugar Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole every night!
Brown Sugar Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole
- Food Club® Non-Stick Vegetable Oil Cooking Spray
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- ½ cup packed Food Club® Light Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Food Club® Sweet Cream Unsalted Butter (1 stick), 6 tablespoons cubed and chilled,
- 2 tablespoons softened
- 1 teaspoon Food Club® Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¾ teaspoon Food Club® Iodized Salt
- ⅓ cup Food Club® All-Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Food Club® Ground Cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°; spray 8½ x 11-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pierce sweet potatoes all over with fork and place in large microwave-safe bowl; cover with plastic wrap, leaving 1 edge slightly open to vent, and heat in microwave oven 15 minutes or until very tender, turning potatoes every 5 minutes.
- Cool potatoes 5 minutes; scoop potato flesh into large bowl and discard skins.
- Stir in ¼ cup sugar, 2 tablespoons softened butter, vanilla extract and ½ teaspoon salt; spread in prepared dish. Makes about 4¼ cups.
- In food processor, pulse flour, cinnamon, and remaining ¼ cup sugar and ¼ teaspoon salt; add remaining 6 tablespoons cubed butter and pulse until pea-sized crumbs form.
- Add pecans; pulse several times or until combined. Sprinkle pecan mixture over sweet potato mixture; bake 25 minutes or until top is golden brown. Makes about 5½ cups.
For all of your new year, new side dish needs visit your local Brookshire Brothers store.