17 Pro Tips, Creative Fixins, Nutritional Fun Facts & More
- Sausage, especially smoked or andouille varieties
- Garlic bulbs, cut in half
- Corn on the cob
- Onions, sliced in half
- Lemons, cut in half
- Brussels sprouts
- Fresh green beans
First crawfish boil? Here is everything you need to know!
- Fill a large pot with enough water to cover seafood. We recommend cooking (and eating) outside using a 19-quart stockpot with an interior basket; alternatively, you can cook smaller batches on the stovetop instead.
- Add LA Fish Fry Crawfish, Shrimp & Crab Boil and any other fixins. Stir well and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add crawfish. Return to a rolling boil, and boil for 5 minutes.
- Turn fire or stove off and let the crawfish soak for 15-25 minutes. NOTE: The longer seafood soaks, the spicier it will be.
- Serve drained crawfish & fixins over a large table covered in newspapers. Keep paper towels handy and use an extra plate or bucket to dispose of the shells.
Visit your local Brookshire Brothers to get cookin' today!
Angela Larson is a registered dietitian (RD) who works with Brookshire Brothers promoting real fresh, real delicious foods and nutrition education to the community. She is also a clinical dietitian representing Woodland Heights Medical Center in Lufkin where she does outreach education on food and nutrition. Food is her passion, so Angela loves trying new recipes and exploring the more holistic side of nutrition. Angela loves to cook, garden, and spend time outdoors. In addition to the Brookshire Brothers blog, look for Angela's monthly articles in Charm East Texas.
What’s better than a golf themed Father’s Day? We couldn’t think of anything better either. Whether your Dad is just there for fun, or if he is a golf fanatic, every man enjoys some time out on the green. Forget the ties, monogrammed golf markers, and picture frames. This year, we’re suggesting a great food-filled day and party that will go straight to his heart – and stomach!
To start this Father’s Day out right, give him a hearty breakfast that will keep him fueled all the way to the 18th hole.
This Eggs Baked in Bread Bowls recipe will suit the tastes of bacon-lovers to French toast guys.
Keep him going at lunch by serving his favorite cut of meat. Every man loves a good steak, and our Certified Meat Cutters can offer advice on the best cuts! Find options, recipes, tips and more from our Chop Shop here.
Finally, end the afternoon by hosting a golf-themed party at his favorite course. Invite the entire family to celebrate your special guy. Purchase paper goods to match the theme, wrap silverware in a napkin and tie with yarn or ribbon, and have genuine hole-in-one service! After a large breakfast and lunch, Dad will welcome a sweet treat. Try out these cupcakes that are perfect for all cupcake lovers and enjoy spoiling day this year!