Fruity Fresh Mozzarella Salad
- 2 cups seeded small watermelon balls
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella pieces
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil (purple or green)
- Bunch scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Dash balsamic vinegar as desired
- Toss together the watermelon, mozzarella, basil, scallions and oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over a bed of baby greens with crostini on the sides.
- Drizzle a bit of balsamic vinegar over if desired.
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 serving watermelon stix or small wedges
- Blend together the sour cream, sugar and vanilla in a small serving bowl.
- Use as a dip for the watermelon.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cups agave syrup
- 2 cups watermelon chunks
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve over ice.
Visit your local Brookshire Brothers for all your real fresh, real delicious ingredients!
Mrs. Lynne's Famous Holiday Party Punch
- One 2 liter bottle of Sprite, chilled
- One 2 liter bottle of Ginger Ale, chilled
- 25 ounces (one bottle) Sparkling Cider, chilled
- 12 ounces Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate, slightly thawed
- 64 ounces (one bottle) Cranberry Juice, chilled
- Fresh Cranberries
- Serves approximately 35 one-cup servings. Depending on party size, you may want to double or triple the recipe. When determining amount to make, take into consideration the size of your cups, and keep in mind that guests may want seconds (or even thirds).
- If you would like your party punch to have a little more “punch”, add champagne!
Real Fresh, Real Delicious Orange-Lime Margarita
- Moisten the rim of a glass with orange wedge and add salt to the rim if desired.
- Add orange juice, lime juice, orange liqueur, tequila, and agave nectar to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake until cold and then strain over crushed ice into glass.
- Garnish with an orange wedge and sprig of mint.
Throw a Cinco de Mayo fiesta like your amigos have never seen before! This Cinco de Drinko Guide will make you wish it was Cinco de Mayo year-round!
Dos Equis pairs well with any season, but especially grilling season. The refreshing and distinctive taste of Dos Equis Lager brings out the smoke and grilling flavor notes from any chicken or seafood dish, but we recommend this pairing.
This may be roughly translated as "cold beer," but we think it's more than just that. This authentic cocktail concoction consists of a delicious mix of beer with lime. It is authentic to Mexico and has landed itself as our #1 pick for your Cinco Celebration. Simply mix Dos Equis Lager and the juice from one lime and call yourself bartender for the night. Before you pour, rim your glass with salt and you've just taken your party to the next notch.
Find out more about Dos Equis from our Beverage Depot. Check out What's Hot here!
Dos Equis Coconut Beer Shrimp with Sweet & Tangy Sauce
You'll be able to taste the highlighted sweet notes from cirtus orange marmalade and coconut through the malt, hops and unique strains of yeast found in Dos Equis Lager.
1 cup Dos Equis
3-1/2 tsp Creole seasoning (divided use)
1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp baking powser
48 large raw shrimp, peeled, tails on, de-veined (Find what you need in your local Brookshire Brothers Market department!)
1-1/2 to 2 cups fresh or moist-packed shredded coconut
Oil for deep frying
2 cups orange marmalade (for the Sweet & Tangy Sauce)
1/4 Creole or Dijon Mustard (for the Sweet & Tangy Sauce)
3 Tbsp shredded horseradish (for the Sweet & Tangy Sauce)
Combine eggs, beer, 1 tsp Creole seasoning, flour and baking powder. Blend well. Season shrimp with remaining seafood seasoning. Dip the shrimp in beer batter and roll in coconut. Fry in oil heated to 350°F. in deep fryer, wok or deep saucepan. The oil should be at least 1-1/2 inches deep. Drop shrimp in a few at a time and fry until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towel. For the Sweet & Tangy Sauce, blend ingredients and serve.
Cheers to you this Cinco de Mayo!
Football never looked better! Ladies, we've got your drink menu covered for Sunday football games with your man.