Brookshire Brothers Pharmacy is proud to be one of the first retailers in the state to provide the COVID-19 vaccine to the communities we serve. We ask for your patience as the vaccine supply is currently very limited, and our pharmacies are working diligently to administer the vaccine to the designated groups, per state guidelines.
Please understand it may take some time before you can receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Once we receive additional supply, we will work to make the vaccine available to priority patients and community members as quickly and conveniently as possible.
Please limit phone calls to your local pharmacy regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and check here for the most up-to-date information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can be vaccinated now?
If you are a front-line healthcare worker or resident of a long-term care facility, you are eligible now to receive the vaccine as part of Phase 1a.
If you are in Phase 1b, you are also eligible, depending on availability. Vaccine supply remains limited. Phase 1b recipients include:
- People 65 years of age and older
- People 18 years of age and older with at least one chronic medical condition, such as but not limited to:
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
- Solid organ transplantation
- Obesity and severe obesity (body mass index of 30 kg/m2 or higher)
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Phase 1b recipients include:
- People 70 years of age or older
- Outpatient clinic providers and clinic staff
- Urgent care clinic providers and staff
- Community care clinic providers and staff
- Behavioral health providers and staff
- Dialysis center providers, staff and clients (if not already being vaccinated by their dialysis centers)
- Home health service providers and recipients
- Dental providers and staff
- Students, residents, faculty and staff of allied health schools (if not already receiving vaccine or in a plan to receive from their respective schools)
What steps should I follow to be vaccinated?
Click the links above to sign up for the COVID-19 vaccine waiting list at your preferred Brookshire Brothers Pharmacy. An appointment must be scheduled. We will not accept walk-in patients.
What to bring:
- Prescription insurance card, if you are insured
- Driver’s license or social security card
- Health care workers should bring an employer-issued badge or identification card
- Vaccine Consent form and Patient Profile Form
Who can receive the COVID-19 vaccine now?
Currently, Brookshire Brothers Pharmacies in Texas are vaccinating healthcare workers, people 65 years and old and those with chronic medical conditions. In Louisiana, our pharmacies are vaccinating outpatient healthcare workers and people 70 years and older.
Why do I have to wait?
Healthcare entities across the states of Texas and Louisiana have been tasked with the enormous responsibility of distributing the COVID-19 vaccine.
Many of our rural pharmacies in Texas received doses of the COVID-19 vaccine during the last week of 2020. The first allocation of vaccine in Louisiana arrived at our pharmacies in early January.
Not only are our pharmacists busy with their normal day-to-day responsibilities, such as filling prescriptions and counseling patients, they are working diligently to administer as many of the vaccines as possible. In some of our locations, there is only one pharmacist to handle the extremely high demand, including an increased call volume and each pharmacy is executing its own plan according to the specific needs of its community.
The transition between the groups will likely vary between Brookshire Brothers locations, depending on the demand and need within each community.
How will I know when it's my time to be vaccinated?
We are continuously updating information as it becomes available. You can find that information here on our website and on our official social media accounts.
How will those with chronic medical conditions prove they qualify?
When scheduling an appointment, our staff will ask certain eligibility questions to determine who qualifies.
How can I schedule an appointment to receive the vaccine?
Eligible residents can sign up for the Brookshire Brothers COVID-19 waiting list. A pharmacy staff member will call you to make an appointment, when vaccine supplies become available.
Please be aware that it may be several weeks before you receive a phone call to schedule your appointment.
What if I need my second dose of the vaccine?
When receiving your first dose of the vaccine, your pharmacist should schedule your appointment for the second dose to be administered. If you don't have an appointment, call the pharmacy where you received your first dose.
Do you accept walk-in appointments?
No, our pharmacies will not accept any walk-in appointments. You may schedule an appoint
Does the vaccine cost anything?
There is no cost to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Those with insurance should bring their prescriptions insurance information with them for billing of the administration fee. Those without insurance will need to provide their driver’s license.