Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2021
Try this mix of two cookout favorites this Memorial Day!
Grilled Jalapeño Popper Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs
- 16 wooden toothpicks
- ½ (8-ounce) Food Club® Original Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 jalapeño peppers, 1 finely chopped and 1 thinly sliced crosswise
- ⅓ cup Food Club® Finely Shredded Medium Cheddar Cheese
- ½ teaspoon Food Club® Garlic Powder
- 8 beef hot dogs
- 8 slices bacon (not thick-cut)
- Food Club® Non-Stick Vegetable Oil Cooking Spray 8 Brookshire Brothers Fresh Harvest™ Enriched Hot Dog Buns
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- Thinly sliced green onions for garnish (optional)
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over low heat; soak toothpicks in water 20 minutes.
- In medium bowl, stir cream cheese, chopped jalapeño, Cheddar cheese and garlic powder. Makes about 1 cup.
- Wrap each hot dog with 1 slice bacon, securing ends with toothpicks; spray with cooking spray.
- Transfer cream cheese mixture to small zip-top plastic bag; snip bottom corner with kitchen scissors and pipe into buns.
- Place hot dogs on hot grill rack; cover and cook 12 minutes or until bacon is crisp, turning ¼ turn every 3 minutes.
- About 3 minutes before hot dogs are done, place buns, cut side up, on hot grill rack; cover and cook 3 minutes or until grill marks appear.
- Remove toothpicks from hot dogs; serve
You can also download a printable version of the recipe here.
For all of your Memorial Day cookout needs visit your local Brookshire Brothers.