Posted on Friday, December 18, 2020
Ring in the New Year with this delicious French Onion Roast Beef.
French Onion Roast Beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons Food Club® Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Food Club® Iodized Salt
- 1 teaspoon Food Club® Black Pepper
- 1 AngusPride® Beef Top Round Roast (about 3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 cup Food Club® Beef Cooking Stock
- ⅓ cup sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In large roasting pan, toss garlic, onions, 2 tablespoons oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper; rub beef with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and sprinkle with remaining ¾ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Set beef on top of onion mixture; roast 15 minutes.
- Carefully add stock and wine to pan; reduce temperature to 325° and roast 1 hour 25 minutes or until internal temperature of beef reaches 135° for medium-rare. Tent pan loosely with aluminum foil; let stand 20 minutes. (Internal temperature will rise to 145° upon standing.)
- Transfer beef to cutting board; stir chives and parsley into onion mixture. Makes about 4 cups.
- Thinly slice beef across the grain; serve topped with onion mixture.
Head over to your local Brookshire Brothers for your holiday dinner needs.