Distinctively sweeter and incredibly fresh. The CantaGold has been cultivated with care from Guatemala and we're proud it has arrived to our stores!
Check out these refreshing recipes:
Pomegranate Basil CantaGold Salsa
- Mix 1 juiced lemon, ⅓ cup olive oil, 1 tbsp of honey with salt and pepper for a vinaigrette.
- Pour the vinaigrette over 4 cups of diced CantaGold melon, 1 cup of pomegranate seeds, and ⅓ cup chopped basil.
Fresh Melon & Ricotta Salad
(CantaGold, Cucumber & Radish Salad)
A fresh and simple salad, with sweet CantaGold, crisp cucumber and crunchy radish. Topped with a basil-mint vinaigrette, this salad makes a great side dish. Or add peppered bacon bits or mounds of prosciutto for a more hearty salad.
- 2 Cantagolds
- 1 English cucumber
- 2 bunches radish
- 1/2 small shallot, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh basil and mint leaves
- 4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, champagne vinegar or lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp light olive oil
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta
Salt and pepper
- Cut 2 CantaGolds in half and seed. Use a melon baller to make into balls.
- Mandolin or very thinly slice 1 English cucumber and 2 bunches of radishes. Place all into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ½ of a finely-diced shallot, 2 Tbsp of finely chopped basil and mint, 4 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar (or champagne vinegar or lemon juice), 3 Tbsp of light olive oil and 1 Tbsp of pure maple syrup. Drizzle over CantaGold mixture.
- Spoon 1 ½ cups of whole milk ricotta atop a medium platter. Salt lightly. Top ricotta with CantaGold mixture and enjoy!