Mrs. Lynne's Famous Holiday Party Punch
- One 2 liter bottle of Sprite, chilled
- One 2 liter bottle of Ginger Ale, chilled
- 25 ounces (one bottle) Sparkling Cider, chilled
- 12 ounces Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate, slightly thawed
- 64 ounces (one bottle) Cranberry Juice, chilled
- Fresh Cranberries
- Serves approximately 35 one-cup servings. Depending on party size, you may want to double or triple the recipe. When determining amount to make, take into consideration the size of your cups, and keep in mind that guests may want seconds (or even thirds).
- If you would like your party punch to have a little more “punch”, add champagne!
Real Fresh, Real Delicious: Roast Chicken
- Combine all ingredients except chicken and potatoes in a food processor or blender and blend, scraping down sides as needed, until a thin paste forms, about 30 seconds.
- Cut out chicken's backbone with a sharp knife or kitchen shears and open the chicken out flat with skin side up. With your palm, firmly press down the breast area to flatten (you should hear a snap when the breast bone breaks). Stuff most of the herb paste under skin (separate skin from meat gently with a spoon if needed), and spread remaining marinade all over the rest of the chicken (the easiest way to do this is in a casserole dish). Cover casserole dish and place in the refrigerator to marinate until ready to cook, up to 24 hours. The longer marinade time will make a more flavorful dish.
- When ready to begin cooking, adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 400F. Scatter potatoes evenly on a sheet pan. Sprinkle potatoes evenly with salt pepper to taste. Place chicken, skin side up, on top of potatoes. Pour any excess marinade from chicken over potatoes. Roast 70-90 minutes until the thigh meat reaches 175℉ on an instant read thermometer and the juices run clear. Check potatoes about halfway through cooking; if pan is dry, add 1/2 cup of water.
- Allow chicken to rest for at least 10 minutes before carving. Serve with potatoes and pan juices on the side.
Mediterranean Roast Chicken with Green Olives, Fennel Seeds, and Thyme
Peruvian Roast Chicken with Cilantro and Jalapeno Sauce
Cilantro and Jalapeno Sauce
Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender for about 1 minute until all ingredients are smooth and well blended. Taste to adjust seasoning. Serve with Peruvian chicken.
Balsamic Roast Chicken and Potatoes
Visit your local Brookshire Brothers for all holiday needs!
The Christmas season is here, full of parties galore! We’re here to serve your party-planning needs. What makes a celebration go from “fine” to “amazing”? Ordering party trays from your local Brookshire Brothers Bakery & Deli! With cookies, sliders, wings, fruit, vegetables, and more, we can bring the party. Call your store for more today!
Still are unsure of what to order? Take our advice and try one of these menus at your next Holiday Party!
Office Christmas Brunch
Start your party off with a Breakfast Tray filled with bite-sized pastries and scones. You can also grab a Bread Tray to pair with our Gourmet Meat & Cheese Tray from the deli. To finish off your brunch, grab a Mini Meatball Tray to satisfy your cravings.
No "Pot" Potluck
That's right. Throw a potluck party, but don't make yourself or your friends and family worry about what to cook. Forget the pots and pans and order trays! You can easily coordinate who can bring what tray to plan a beautiful dinner. Assign an appetizer, such as the Cheese Tray, to your friend down the street. Ask Mom to bring a Hors D'oeuvres Tray of her choosing - we suggest the stuffed peppers! You can take care of the Sandwich Tray and maybe even swing over a couple of aisles to grab some chips to go with it. And finish it off with a Cookie or Dessert Tray brought by your sister.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holi-Trays to you and your family!