Distribution Center - LUFKIN, TX
SUMMARY A Truck Driver is responsible for the efficient and safe transportation of product to stores in a timely manner, and for verifying count and condition of goods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES At Brookshire Brothers, our core values, Quality, Growth, Community, Passion, and Home, are a priority to all team members. Each of us are responsible for upholding these values in our position, as well as striving to live up to our mission- "Good people, selling good food, and doing good deeds in the communities in which we live and work." In this role, you also must:
- Display courtesy to co-workers, and be professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Transport and deliver goods in accordance with schedule, unload or assist in unloading freight, and verify count and condition on delivered goods.
- Be responsible for pre/post trip inspections and report any fleet equipment concerns or issues.
- Be able to operate electric pallet jack.
- Operate all equipment in a safe, efficient manner, and report any safety concerns to dispatcher or supervisor.
- Maintain a clean, neat, orderly work area.
- Report and maintain a satisfactory driving record, and report any citations or chargeable accidents to the safety officer immediately.
- Be willing and able to perform other duties as assigned such as general cleaning, custodial duties, and other activities as directed by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High School diploma or equivalent (GED). Must possess a valid Class A CDL commercial driver license, have completed an accredited driving school, and have at least 1 to 2 years of over the road experience. The location will provide other necessary training.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS All physical demands and other requirements will be discussed during the application and interview of the potential employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
SUPERVISOR Transportation Manager
PAY RATE: Commensurate with Experience