Distribution Center - LUFKIN, TX
SUMMARY An Order Selector retrieves cases form the racking system and restacks the merchandise onto a loading pallet in order to be sent to retail locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES At Brookshire Brothers, our core values, Quality, Growth, Community, Passion, and Home, are a priority to all team members. Each of us are responsible for upholding these values in our position, as well as striving to live up to our mission- "Good people, selling good food, and doing good deeds in the communities in which we live and work." In this role, you also must:
- Display courtesy to co-workers, and be professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Operate a transporter with empty pallets on the back and travel down the aisles selecting cases of merchandise. Retrieve them from within the racking system and place them on the transporter.
- Travel to the next item to select until you assignments are completed.
- Drive your transporters to the front dock, deliver finished pallets to the appropriate loading door, and start the process over with a new assignment.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, and conduct all operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Operate all equipment in a safe, efficient manner, and report any safety concerns to dispatcher or supervisor.
- Maintain a clean, neat, orderly work area and report any safety issues to a supervisor or the safety officer immediately.
- Be willing and able to perform other duties as assigned such as general cleaning, custodial duties, and other activities as directed by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE The location will provide any necessary training.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS All physical demands and other requirements will be discussed during the application and interview of the potential employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
SUPERVISOR Department Manager
PAY RATE: Variable