What We Support
Our employee owners generously support the organizations and activities that make life better in your town. Initiatives and programs targeting education, hunger and health are at the very core of our passion. We believe they lay the foundation for stronger communities.
When you shop with us, you enable us to support local non-profits who actively improve the communities where you live. At Brookshire Brothers, we not only support financially, we give of ourselves. Our employee-owners share their time and talents with hundreds of worthy organizations.
We focus our resources on 501(C) designated organizations that align with our core values.
Support Policies and Guidelines
- All support requests are submitted through our online process
- Non-profit status must be verifiable
- Applications need to be submitted 45 days in advance of your event
- Only one request per event or activity should be submitted annually
- Funding approvals will be communicated via email or letter
Brookshire Brothers may contribute gift cards, checks, product (in-kind support) or volunteers depending on the organization’s needs.
Brookshire Brothers Charitable Foundation
The Brookshire Brothers Charitable Foundation is a 501(C)(3) organization that funds specific projects that align with our core values. Our generous vendor community supports the Foundation through our charitable golf tournaments held twice a year. Non-profits may apply for funding once a year. Applications are made available online each fall. Funds are dispersed typically in January.
2020 Grant Recipients:
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Council of Deep East Texas (ADAC)
- American Cancer Society
- Angelina Alliance for Children (Harold’s House)
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Deep East Texas
- Buckner Children and Family Services
- Dublin Good Fellows
- East Texas Cancer Alliance of Hope
- Food Share Bank of Newton County
- Friends of the Ellen Trout Zoo
- Friends of the Library-Hamilton County Texas
- Gateway Community Partners, Inc.
- J.D.’s Center of Hope
- Junior Achievement of East Texas, Inc.
- Junior League of Lufkin
- Kick Drugs Out of America dba Kick start Kids
- Legacy Institute for Financial Education
- Lufkin Neighborhood STRONG
- Lufkin State Supported Living Center
- Piney Woods Fine Arts Association
- San Augustine Garden Club
- Seasons of Hope Center (SOHC)
- Solid Foundation Association
- Texas Forestry Museum
- The Helping Place, Inc.
- The Joseph House, Inc.
- The Mosaic Center, Inc.
- The Rose
- The Salvation Army a Georgia Corporation- Lufkin
- Top Ladies of Distinction, Inc.
- Transformation Pathway
- Twin City Mission
- United Christian Care Center of Vidor, Texas, Inc.
- Women’s Shelter of East Texas, Inc.
- Young Audiences of Southeast Texas, Inc.
- ZAM Outreach, Inc.
- Zavalla Food Pantry Inc.
- Angelina College Foundation
- Lufkin ISD Education Foundation
- McGregor ISD Education Foundation
- Vidor Independent School District