What We Support
Our employee owners generously support the organizations and activities that make life better in your town. Initiatives and programs targeting education, hunger and health are at the very core of our passion. We believe they lay the foundation for stronger communities.
When you shop with us, you enable us to support local non-profits who actively improve the communities where you live. At Brookshire Brothers, we not only donate financially, we give of ourselves. Our employee-owners share their time and talents with hundreds of worthy organizations.
We focus our resources on 501(C) designated organizations that align with our core values.
Donation Policies and Guidelines
- All donation requests are submitted through our online process
- Non-profit status must be verifiable
- Applications need to be submitted 45 days in advance of your event
- Only one request per event or activity should be submitted annually
- Funding approvals will be communicated via email or letter
Brookshire Brothers may contribute gift cards, checks, product (in-kind donations) or volunteers depending on the organization’s needs.
Brookshire Brothers Charitable Foundation
The Brookshire Brothers Charitable Foundation is a 501(C)(3) organization that funds specific projects that align with our core values. Our generous vendor community supports the Foundation through our charitable golf tournaments held twice a year. Non-profits may apply for funding once a year. Applications are made available online each fall. Funds are dispersed typically in January.
2017 recipients include:
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Council of Deep East Texas (ADAC)
- American Cancer Society
- Angelina Arts Alliance
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Deep East Texas
- CRRC of Canyon Lake
- Court Appointed Special Advocates - CASA in the Pines
- East Texas Alliance for Children (Harold's House)
- Friends of the Ellen Trout Zoo
- Gateway Community Partners
- The Joseph House, Inc.
- Junior Achievement of Angelina County
- Junior League of Lufkin
- Lufkin State Supported Living Center - Volunteer Services
- The Mosaic Center, Inc
- Texas Forestry Museum
- Women's Shelter of East Texas
- Friends of Hamilton ISD
- Hemphill ISD Education Foundation
- Lufkin ISD Education Foundation
- McGregor ISD Education Foundation
- Wells ISD Education Foundation