Floater – LUFKIN, TX Area
SUMMARY A Registered Pharmacy Technician works under the direct supervision of a pharmacist to aid and assist in the delivery of pharmacy services to the public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES At Brookshire Brothers, our core values, Quality, Growth, Community, Passion, and Home, are a priority to all team members. Each of us are responsible for upholding these values in our position, as well as striving to live up to our mission- "Good people, selling good food, and doing good deeds in the communities in which we live and work." In this role, you also must:
- Display outstanding customer service skills by greeting customers, and providing friendly, courteous service at all times. Display this same courtesy to co-workers as well.
- Be professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Assist the pharmacist with filling prescribed drugs, entering prescription data, operating the register, re-ordering medicine and supplies, stocking shelves, and other duties as assigned.
- Validate NDC numbers, file and sequence new prescription documents, and collect outdated/overstocked products for returns.
- Process invoices, monitor and respond to all correspondence, and assist in training personnel as dictated by pharmacy management.
- Ensure confidentiality in regards to pharmacy records, customer records and all other aspects of the department, and fully comply with OBRA 1990.
- Must be able to travel.
- Assist in various other activities as directed by the general operation of the store as needed, such as answering the telephone, taking prescriptions from customers, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Must be a registered/certified pharmacy technician with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS All physical demands and other requirements will be discussed during the application and interview of the potential employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
PAY RATE: Commensurate with Experience