Creamy Garlic Herb Yogurt Dip
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small garlic clove, minced (alternately 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup whole milk or 2% Greek yogurt (do not use non-fat)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add all ingredients except yogurt to food processor and blend until smooth. Stir in yogurt. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dip can be made ahead and stored in refrigerator for several days.
Read more about this recipe in Angela Larson's blog post 9 Suggestions for School Lunches
Angela Larson is a registered dietitian (RD) who works with Brookshire Brothers promoting real fresh, real delicious healthy foods and providing nutrition education to the community. She is also a clinical dietitian representing Woodland Heights Medical Center in Lufkin where she does community education on food and nutrition. Food is her passion, so Angela loves trying new recipes and exploring the more holistic side of nutrition. Angela loves to cook, garden, and spend time outdoors. Look for Angela's monthly articles in Charm East Texas.