What is a Brown Bag of Hope?
What does each Brown Bag of Hope contain?
Where can I find a Brown Bag of Hope?
Red, White and Blueberry Pasta Salad
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Suddenly Salad® classic pasta salad mix
- Water and vegetable oil called for salad mix box
- 1cup diced red bell pepper
- 1cup blueberries
- 1/3cup crumbled feta cheese
- Make pasta salad as directed on box.
- Stir in bell pepper and blueberries.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining salad.
Grilled Peaches with Pecan Brown Butter Sauce
- 4-6 peaches, fresh
- Food Club non-stick cooking spray
- 1 stick Food Club salted butter
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- fresh whipped cream
Show dad you love him a WAFFLE lot with this fun spin on a favorite breakfast!
Cinnamon Roll Waffles with Cream Cheese Glaze
- 1 can (17.5 oz) refrigerated cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing (5 rolls)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Spray waffle maker with cooking spray; heat waffle maker.
- Separate dough into 5 rolls; set icing aside.
- For each waffle, place 1 roll in center of waffle maker; close lid of waffle maker.
- Bake 3 to 4 minutes or until waffle is thoroughly cooked and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together reserved icing, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until glaze is smooth.
- Serve glaze over hot waffles.
No-Bake Cherry Lemonade Cheesecake
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar in a medium bowl. Press crumb mixture into bottom of an 8” x 8”baking dish. Chill while preparing filling.
- Place cream cheese in a large bowl & beat at medium speed with an electricmixer until smooth. Gradually add sweetened condensed milk while continuing to mix. Beat in lime juice and vanilla. Stir in lime rind.
- Pour mixture onto chilled crust. Cover and refrigerate 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Cut into 6 portions and servetopped with cherry pie filling.
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- 1.5 lbs Mama Julia's Marinated Chicken Fajitas
- 1 green bell pepper*
- 1 yellow bell pepper*
- 1 red bell pepper*
- 1 small onion*
- 1 package of Fresh Harvest Flour Tortillas (10 ct)
*In a hurry? Pick up a package of fresh, pre-cut fajita vegetables at your local Brookshire Brothers Brothers!
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- On the Border salsa
Slice chicken into 1/4 inch strips.
Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
Slice up bell peppers and onion, place on top of chicken.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Serve on tortillas with choice of toppings.
But wait, there's MORE!!
Fast Feast: Buy 1, Get 3 Free
When you buy one package of Mama Julia Marinated Beef Skirt, Chicken Thighs or Breast Fajitas (1.5 lb), you get 3 items FREE! The best part? You can mix and match your free products, or get three of the same particular product free!
Peppered T-Bone Steak
- 2 T-bone steaks
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 4 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Recommended pairing (optional): Alamos Malbec
- In a small bowl, combine steak sauce, thyme, pepper and cayenne.
- Sprinkle steak on both sides with salt. Spoon about 2 teaspoons steak sauce mixture over one side of each steak.
- Place steaks, sauce side down, on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6 minutes.
- Brush steaks with remaining sauce and turn over. Continue to grill 4 to 6 minutes or until meat reaches 160*F on a meat thermometer for medium doneness.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Pair with Alamos Malbec and any of the below sides.
Healthy Steak Dinner Side Dish: Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Peel potatoes (or scrub well) and trim ends. Cut into ¾ inch thick rounds.
- Toss potatoes in a large bowl with olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste until evenly coated. Line an 18- by 13-inch heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray (recommended: coconut oil spray). Arrange potatoes in a single layer on two baking sheets, dotting evenly with pieces of butter, and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Adjust oven racks to upper and lower middle positions and place potatoes in cold oven. Turn oven to 425 degrees and cook potatoes 30 minutes.
- Remove baking sheets from oven and carefully remove top layer of foil. Return potatoes to oven and cook until bottom edges of potatoes are golden brown (reversing and rotating pans halfway through cooking time), 15 to 25 minutes.
- Remove baking sheets from oven and, using a thin metal spatula, flip slices over. Continue to roast until the bottom edges of the potatoes are golden brown, 18 to 22 minutes longer. Remove from oven and let potatoes cool 5 to 10 minutes, then transfer to platter and serve.
- Optional toppings: If desired, drizzle lightly with real maple syrup, chopped toasted pecans, or fresh/dried thyme leaves, to taste.
More Side Dish Ideas
Visit your local Brookshire Brothers to get cookin' today!
- 1lb ground beef
- 8 slices of bacon
- 4 Fresh Harvest Hamburger Buns
- 6 Fresh Harvest Eggs
- 4 slices of Food Club Sliced Cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the bacon on medium-high heat and be sure to drain them after they are done.
- Combine the ground beef, salt, and pepper; form into four patties.
- Cook the hamburger patties in the same pan as the bacon on medium-high heat until they are just slightly pink inside.
- Right before they are finished cooking, add the cheese on top so that it melts.
- Drain the pan.
- Fry your eggs to your preference.
- Finally, assemble your buger with the veggies to your liking!
But wait, there's MORE!!
Fast Feast: Buy 2, Get 4 Free
When you buy ANY value pack Ground Chuck (3.5lbs or more) and ANY one (1) package of 24 oz bacon, you can choose between 2-4 items FREE! The best part? You can mix and match your free items or get up to four of one kind free!
Matt Baker is a pharmacist with Brookshire Brothers Pharmacy in Lufkin. He received his undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in 2005 and his Doctor of Pharmacy from the University of Houston in 2010. He writes a monthly pharmacy and wellness article for the Lufkin Daily News and is active in the community. Matt's passion is serving his patients while ensuring that they are equipped to understand and take their medications properly.
Hawaiian Ham and Swiss Sliders
- 24 slices of deli honey ham
- 6 Slices of swiss cheese, cut into fourths
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 packages (12 count) KING'S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls
- Cut rolls in half and spread mayo onto 1 side of the rolls.
- Place a slice or two of ham and slice of swiss cheese in roll.
- Replace the top of the rolls and bunch them closely together into a baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together poppy seeds, dijon mustard, melted butter, onion powder and worcestershire sauce.
- Pour sauce over the rolls, just covering the tops.
- Cover with foil and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Uncover and cook for additional 2 minutes until tops are slightly browned and crisp.
- Serve warm.
*Recipe courtesy of our vendor partner King's Hawaiian!
Get King's Hawaiian Rolls for only $0.99 during this weekend's Celebrate Rewards Event! These hot savings are only good for 3/29, 3/30 and 3/31 only—DON'T MISS OUT!! Our full spread of deals include:
- King's Hawaiian Dinner Rolls - $0.99 (12 ct) - Limit 1
- Fresh Harvest Family Pack Large Eggs* - $0.99 (18 ct) - Limit 1
- Swift G.T. Premium Lean Pork Spareribs - $0.99/lb (Single Pack) - Limit 1
- Fresh Harvest Large or Thin White Bread - $0.99 (20 oz) - Limit 1
- Russet Potatoes - $1.98 (10 lb bag) - Limit 1
- Totinos Party Pizza - $0.49 (9.8-10.9 oz) - Limit 2
- Bounty Essentials Big Roll Paper Towels (6 rolls) or Charmin Essentials Bath Tissue (12 rolls) - $2.99 - Limit 2