Thursday April 30, 2020
Cooking with Kate: BBQ Chicken Quesadillas with Pineapple and Cilantro
Are you looking to liven up that Brookshire Brothers Rotisserie Chicken that you picked up for a quick dinner? We've got these quick and easy BBQ chicken quesadillas with pineapple and cilantro to freshen up rotisserie chicken from our Director of Catering Kate Rudasill.
BBQ Chicken Quesadillas with Pineapple and Cilantro
- 8 Fresh Harvest flour tortillas, fajita-size
- 4 tablespoons Food Club barbeque sauce
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken (original or barbeque flavored)
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh pineapple, in bite-sized pieces
- ¼ bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups Food Club shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) butter, softened
- Food Club sour cream, for serving
- Preheat a cast-iron grill pan (medium-high heat), gas or charcoal grill, or electric griddle to 375°F.
- Sprinkle 1 tortilla with ¼ cup shredded cheese.
- Add shredded chicken, sliced red onion, pineapple pieces, and chopped cilantro.
- Add small dots of barbeque sauce evenly around toppings (about 1 tablespoon per quesadilla).
- Sprinkle with another ¼ cup of shredded cheese.
- Top with another tortilla.
- Spread softened butter on outsides of both tortillas.
- Grill or griddle for 2-4 minutes on each side or until tortillas are crisp and cheese is melted.
- Slice in triangles and serve immediately with sour cream and more cilantro.
Visit your local Brookshire Brothers for all your BBQ Chicken Quesadilla needs!
View other recipes from Kate Rudasill, Director of Catering for 1921 Catering by Brookshire Brothers.
Kate knows food. She grew up with the Southern tradition of good food with the hospitality to match. A graduate of Texas A & M University, a student of The Texas Culinary Academy, and a Nacogdoches, Texas native, Kate’s greatest joy is bringing people together over a scrumptious meal.