Wednesday January 30, 2019
Charitable Foundation 2019 Recipients
Organizations that lay the foundation for stronger communities will have more resources to help them help others thanks to Brookshire Brothers. On Wednesday, January 30th the Brookshire Brothers Charitable Foundation awarded $130,000 in grants to 26 nonprofit organizations and 5 education foundations across its market area. The grants give organizations the resources they need to continue living out their mission of serving those in need. Trustees and company executives presented funds to the recipients at the Brookshire Brothers’ Distribution Center in Lufkin, Texas.
In making the presentations, Brookshire Brothers President, CEO and Charitable Foundation Board Member John Alston said, “You make things happen in your communities. You change lives. We are grateful to have the opportunity to help you live out your mission. We thank you for what you do everyday.”
During the last decade, the Brookshire Brothers Charitable Foundation has given more than a million dollars to a variety of non-profits. For nearly twenty years, Brookshire Brothers has invited its vendors to play in two Charitable Foundation golf tournaments each year. Vendor partners appreciate the opportunity to network with their colleagues while raising money for nonprofits – all which support children and families and align with Brookshire Brothers’ core value of being a community grocer. Each year, the funds are granted based on the organizations’ needs and application requests.
The 2019 recipients are:
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Council of Deep East Texas (ADAC)
- American Cancer Society
- Angelina Alliance for Children (Harold’s House)
- Angelina Arts Alliance
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Deep East Texas
- Buckner Children and Family Services
- Christian Information and Service Center, Inc.
- Dublin Goodfellows
- Food Share Bank of Newton County
- Friends of the Ellen Trout Zoo
- Habitat for Humanity of Angelina County
- Junior Achievement of East Texas
- Junior League of Lufkin
- Lake Whitney Ministerial Alliance
- Legacy Institute for Financial Education
- Lufkin Neighborhood Strong
- Mission Reclaimed
- Texas Forestry Museum
- The Joseph House, Inc.
- The Mosaic Center, Inc.
- The Salvation Army
- Twin City Mission
- Volunteer Services Council
- Women’s Shelter of East Texas
- Women’s Sober House
- Zavalla Food Pantry
- Angelina College Center for Non-Profit Leadership
- Hemphill ISD Education Foundation
- Lufkin ISD Education Foundation
- McGregor ISD Education Foundation
- Vidor ISD
In addition to these contributions, Brookshire Brothers has a separate employee-run Donations Committee which meets monthly to consider hundreds of donation requests from throughout the company’s footprint.
CATEGORIES: News Release