Submitted by brookshire-blog on Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Do you dread the process of planning dinners for the week? Do you feel overwhelmed with all the shopping, prepping, and cooking when it comes to feeding your family? Sweat no more. We're here to make it easier for you with this easy guide that will save you time AND money. Keep reading for five complete dinners to feed your family of four—all under $50! You can find all the recipes below, as well as an easy to follow shopping list!
Meal 1 - Frito Pie
- 4 cups Fritos chips, divided
- 2 cans (15 oz each) Wolf Brand Chili, heated
- 1-1/2 cups Food Club Shredded Cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- Sour cream, optional
- Sliced green onions, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Layer 2 cups corn chips, half of the chili, 1 cup cheese and onion in 2-quart casserole dish.
- Top with the remaining chili.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Top with the remaining 2 cups chips and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes more or until cheese melts.
- Garnish with sour cream and green onions, if desired.
Meal 2 - Roasted Garlic Pork Tenderloin
- 3lbs boneless center pork loin
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Add the pork loin to a baking pan
- Coat the pork loin with the garlic
- Mix the seasonings (salt, pepper, and paprika) and rub it on the pork loin
- Cook the pork for 60-75 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 150-160 degrees
- Remove from oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before serving
*Serve with Rice A Roni and Green Giant Steamers of choice.
Meal 3 - Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom Gravy
- 1lb ground beef
- Garlic powder
- 1tbsp. Food Club Vegetable Oil
- 1 package Food Club Mushroom Gravy
- Fresh Mushrooms and left over onion (thinly sliced) (Optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- In large bowl mix with ground beef with garlic powder to taste.
- Shape into 4 equal patties.
- Fry the patties and the optional mushrooms and onions in the oil until patties are nicely browned.
- Remove the beef patties to a plate, and keep warm.
- In the skillet prepare the gravy mix following the directions. If you make mushrooms and onions as well, mix it with them.
*Serve with Fresh Harvest Rolls and One Family Size Green Giant Steamers.
Meal 4 - Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup onion diced
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a foil lined baking tray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, and breadcrumbs. Allow mixture to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, onions, 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce, and Italian seasoning. Mix until just combined.
- Form a 8"x4" loaf on the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Spread ketchup over the meatloaf and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until cooked through and the meatloaf reaches 160°F.
- Allow meatloaf to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Homemade Mashed Potatoes
- 4 large russet potatoes (about 3 lb.), peeled, cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, if desired
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup hot milk
- Place potatoes in large saucepan; add enough water to cover.
- Add 3/4 teaspoon of the salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover loosely and boil gently for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes break apart easily when pierced with fork.
- Drain well.
- Return potatoes to saucepan; shake saucepan gently over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes to evaporate any excess moisture.
- Mash potatoes with potato masher until no lumps remain.
- Add butter, pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; continue mashing, gradually adding enough milk to make potatoes smooth and creamy.
*Mashed Potato recipe courtesy of our vendor partner Pillsbury!
Meal 5 - Pizza and Salad Dinner
- DIGIORNO® Frozen Pizza
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place oven rack in the center position (6 to 8 in. from bottom).
- Remove pizza from plastic wrap. Discard all plastic wrap and cooking tray. DO NOT USE TRAY IN TOASTER OVEN, CONVECTION OVEN, OR CONVENTIONAL OVEN!
- When oven is preheated, place pizza directly on the center rack.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown.
- Your oven temperature may vary so adjust baking time and oven temperature as necessary.
- Remove pizza from oven by holding both sides of the cooking tray.
What to Serve with Pizza:
- Fresh Express Chopped Salad Kits with favorite salad dressing.
- New York Style Garlic Knots
Instructions for New York Style Garlic Knots
- Keep frozen.
- Preheat oven to 425 degress F
- When oven is preheated, place Garlic Knots flat on baking sheet and place baking sheet on middle rack.
- Bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove Garlic Knots from oven by holding both sides of the cooking tray.